Designed by Janet Gallagher
Leftover DK/Light Worsted Yarn
#5US Doublepoints or Circular for Magic Loop method
1: (Sl 1, K2, PSSO, P1) around
2: (K1, YO, K1, P1) around
3 & 4: (K3, P1) around
Cast on 24, divide evenly over needles
Work 4 rows of (K3, P1) ribbing
Begin Pattern Stitch: Complete two full repeats, and through Rnd 3 of third repeat.
Divide for Heel:
The heel flap will be worked over 13 stitches, holding the other 11 stitches on the needle until ready to knit the instep. (Note: At this point, you want a Purl stitch in each the center back and center front…you may need to shift a stitch from one needle to another depending which knitting method you are using.)
In St st work back and forth on 13 stitches for 6 rows slipping the first stitch of each row.
1. K7, K2tog, K1, turn
2. , Sl 1, P2, P2tog, P1, turn
3. Sl 1, K3, K2tog, K1, turn
4. Sl 1, P4, P2tog, P1, turn
5. Sl 1, K5, K2tog, turn
6. Sl 1, P5, P2tog, turn
7. K across (7st)Gusset:
1. Pick up 5st along side of Heel Flap, continue in Pattern Stitch over instep over instep (K1, P1, two repeats of Mock Cable, K1), pick up 5st along other side of Heel Flap. (11st on instep, 17st on back).
2. Work around maintaining Pattern Stitch on instep as established and K other st.
3. K6, K2tog, K1, Pattern Stitch on instep as established, K1, SSK, K5.
4. Repeat Round 2.
5. K5, K2tog, K1, Pattern Stitch on instep as established, K1, SSK, K4 (24st).
Repeat Round 2 for 8 row until two more repeats of Pattern Stitch are completed.
1. K around
2. K4, K2tog, K1 / K1, SSK, K5, K2tog, K1 / K1, SSK, K3 (this is my set-up for doublepoint needles.)
3. K around
4. K3, K2tog, K1 / K1, SSK, K3, K2tog, K1 / K1, SSK, K2
5. K around
6. K2, K2tog, K1 / K7 / K1, SSK, K1 (Notice you only dec on bottom this time. 14st)
7. K4 -- Graft toe closed.
Weave in ends. Make another and place them on the happy feet of a baby you love!
This pattern is for personal use only.
Do not distribute the pattern or items made from it without permission.